Best Practices for User Documentation
Provide the best user experience by covering pertinent information a first-time user would need to fully and successfully utilize your dapp. This information should be easy to locate and access within the dapp.
A short paragraph that answers the following questions:
- What is the purpose of this dapp?
- What can I do with this dapp?
- Why would I want to use this dapp?
Provide basic step-by-step instructions on how to use the dapp. This can include:
- Written instructions.
- Illustrative screenshots from your dapp, Valora, or other wallets or dapps.
- Video instructions. Video instructions do best with audio or subtitles that explain what is happening in the video.
If you anticipate sources of confusion or have identified certain cases that are buggy, you should share any clarifications or workarounds.
You might also want to consider:
- Defining terms specific to defi or web3.
- Sharing a way users can get support from your team. This can be on any channel, including Discord, email, Twitter, etc.
The above is a suggested template, but there are many ways to provide excellent docs. Below are some examples of approaches a dapp could take to provide help to their users: